Atkins; Barbeque & Grilling; Breakfast; Main Dish; Pork Dishes
16 oz Ground beef 2 tsp salt 1 tsp dried parsley 1 tsp sage rubbed 1/2 tsp black pepper ground 1/2 tsp dried thyme 1/4 tsp red pepper crushed 1/2 tsp coriander 1 tsp Garlic, chopped 1 tsp Lemon Juice
1. Combine all ingredients for the flavor of your choice in a medium bowl. If needed, grind them in a pestal and motar, then add to meat. Really work the spices through the meat with your fingers.
2. Form the patties into football shaped balls. Set aside.
3. If using wood skewers, make sure to soak them for at least an hour in water. This will help with the them burning. Put skewer through the felafal, putting 2 or three on each skewer. Do not overload.
4. High heat grill or griddle. Ensure to oil grill or griddle, these will stick if you don't.
5. Sear each side. Lower the heat and cook until cook completely through.
6. Serve hot with a few wedges of lemon and maybe some Tzitiki. Recipes for Tzitika is on the site. I like to garnish with bit more parsely.
______________________________________________________________________ Per Serving: 536 Calories; 39 g Fat; 15 g Sat Fat; 156 mg Cholesterol; 2477 mg Sodium; 1 g Carb; 0.41 g Fiber; 43 g Protein.
We actually tried it with beef, it was fantastic. I would probably rec ground lamb.