|4 medium Egg
1/2 cup Butter, cut into thirds
3 medium Egg yolks, beaten
1 tbsp Water
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
Salt & pepper, to taste
2 medium Egg
100 gr Almond Meal, (finely milled)
25 grams Butter, (we estimate this is roughly 2 tsp)
1/2 tsp Baking powder
|1. Lightlly grease a saucepan. In a large saucepan add water to half-fill the pan. Bring water to boil. Reduce to heat to simmering.
2. Split your recipe of "Instant Bread" (check lamsonadvnetures.com/recipes/atkins.html). into two slices. Place each half and ham slice on grill, frying pan, your call.
3. Start Hollandaise Sauce. This is your topping. Cut butter into thirds and bring it to room temp. In the top of a double boiler (Use a saucepan and a bowl that is bigger than the pan.) combine egg yolks, water, lemon juice, pepper and salt. Add one piece of butter. Place over boiling water (uppper bowl should not touch the water, it will cook the eggs to fast.) Cook stiring rapidly till butter melst and sauce begins to thicken. Add the reminaing butter, a pice at a time, sstiring constantly. Cook and stire till sauce thickens (1-2 minutes). Immediately remove from heat.
4. Break 1 egg into a measuring cup. Carefully slide egg into simmering water, holding lip of the cup as close ot the water as possibl. Repeat with other eggs. Remember, do not crowd the eggs.
5. Simmer eggs, uncovered for 3-5 minutes to desired doneness. Remove with a slotted spoon.
6. Place toasted instant bread half out open. On top of each, put a piece of ham or bacon, then poached egg. Top with Hollandaise sauce. I thought it need more salt. Top with wedge of lemon, ground pepper.
Per Serving: 1092 Calories; 105 g Fat; 43 g Sat Fat; 1032 mg Cholesterol;
751 mg Sodium; 6 g Carb; 2 g Fiber; 32 g Protein.