2 tbsp Butter 1/2 medium Onion, roughly chopped 1 medium Tomato, roughly chopped 1 cup Mushroom, roughly chopped 1 lb Andouille sausage, andouille if you have it 3/4 cup Monterey jack cheese, cubed 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded 4 servings Hormel Canadian Bacon 1 tsp Garlic powder 8 medium Eggs 3 tbsp Cream Salt & pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 350F.
1. In a fry pan, heat your butter. Add your onion, tomato, and mushroom. Saute in the butter until soft. Set aside.
2. Brown your Andouille sausage Half way through, add your bacon and brown a bit.. Set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, add your eggs and cream, garlic powder and salt/pepper. Beat the eggs.
4. Butter the sides of your casserole dish. Add your sauted vegetables. Add the sausage and bacon. Pour your egg mix over the top and give a shake to make sure it is even.
5. Sprinkle the Cheddar over the top evenly. Take the remaining Pepperjack drop the cubes all over the top. Try to distribute evenly.
6. Bake at 350 for about 30-40 minutes. Ensure the cheese is browning on the top and the eggs are set. Serve hot. ______________________________________________________________________ Per Serving: 555 Calories; 45 g Fat; 20 g Sat Fat; 365 mg Cholesterol; 1359 mg Sodium; 6 g Carb; 0.58 g Fiber; 31 g Protein.
I like to jazz this up a bit. You can add fresh herbs into the mix. Make the rustic though, like thyme or mexican oregano. Yum!