5 lb Pork butt, about 5 pounds, cut into 1-inch pieces 1 1/2 tsp chili powder 1/4 cup paprika 1 1/2 tsp file powder 3 tsp freshly ground black pepper 1 tsp cumin 1 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper 2 tsp garlic powder 2 tsp salt 1/4 cup chopped garlic
1. Prepare the smoker. In a mixing bowl, toss the pork with the remaining ingredients together.
2. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
3. Remove from the refrigerator and pass the meat through a meat grinder with a 1/2-inch die attachment.
4. Remove half of the meat and pass through the grinder a second time.
5. Form the remaining mixture into 4-ounce patties. Brown in a skillet or place in freezer bags and use as needed. ______________________________________________________________________ Per Serving: 6075 Calories; 482 g Fat; 179 g Sat Fat; 1633 mg Cholesterol; 5975 mg Sodium; 23 g Carb; 5 g Fiber; 388 g Protein.