4 tbsp Butter 1 cup Red wine 2 tsp olive oil 1 lb flank steak, cut into 4 1/2 lb andouille sausage 1/2 lb Pepper Jack Cheese, crumbled 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley 1 tsp Arrowroot
1. Preheat your saucepan. Pour in about 1 cup of read wine and your butter.
2. Place each piece of flank steak between two sheets of plastic wrap. Using a meal mallet, pound each steak about 1/4 inch thick. Remove and discard the plastic wrap. Or, buy the meat already thinned, it is called stir fry meat in the grocery. Make sure it has not been cut.
3. Season both sides of the steak with salt and pepper
4. Spoon 2 ounces of the sausage mixture evenly over each steak. Sprinkle 2 ounces of the cheese, evenly over each steak. Start at one end, roll up each steak tightly, forming a jelly-roll like shape.
5. Secure each roulade with three toothpicks.
6. Place the roulades in your wine mixtures and braise. Turn often.
7. Remove from the pan. Reduce wine by half and add a bit of cream, salt and pepper. Reduce. Add a bit of arrowroot to thicken.
8. To serve, arrange the roulade slices and pour over wine sauce. Garnish with parsley. ______________________________________________________________________ Per Serving: 588 Calories; 48 g Fat; 21 g Sat Fat; 148 mg Cholesterol; 701 mg Sodium; 1 g Carb; 0 g Fiber; 33 g Protein.