Hello again!!! If you have this URL, you are coming to see the Lamson World Adventures. We try to post our travels around the globe.. We have now moved to fantastic Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA.. This site was constructed to share our photos with anyone and everyone. You will see the Australian outback, the Colorado Rocky Mountains, North America, Europe, Med Sea, Asia Adventures, and even the one place I have gone in Greenland. We have tips on camping, spider recognition, tips on finding your way in nature, and conversion from American to Australian. Who would have thought we would have all fallen in love with adventures around the globe. Wow, we are one lucky family. So, sit back, get a beer, coffee, whatever, and start clicking.
December 2012Been lost before!!??. Here is how to tell your direction by using the SUN,STARS,and MOON Don't wait until you are lost, read the easy info right now.
. Hey folks. Been a while since I used this page for anything. Check out my new links. I put them on FACEBOOK and opened them to public. Like me, friend me. Shoudl be a blast. :-) FACEBOOK has pretty much taken over as a way to share our adventures and our recipes. I did just add a new link for new recipes. Between gout and minor health issues, we are cooking more now. Not out of a box has to be better for you. :-) Head over to our new page and new recipes from the last few years. We will call it, NEW RECIPES 2012, getting back to the kitchen page.s promised. We have a ton of Dutch oven recipes. Categories include Beef recipes, Chicken recipes, Breakfast Biscuits, Deserts, and Stews & Casserole.
Camping recipes that need no utensils!!! Some great ideas whether you are backpacking or out on a night bush walk. Check them out!!!! A
We still have our Low Carb Eating Plan recipes. Most of you know we sold our cookbook. It was a huge sale when we needed it most, in Denver. Keep coming back. Remember, its free. Tell all your friends to stop by and take a peek.
Colorado and the rest of the Globe Adventures Photos & Facts Adventures Photos & Facts
Colarado Attractions, Amusement & General Good Times St Mary Falls
- FB - Denver Cutthroats, Semi Pro Hockey at the Denver Colliseum
- FB - Garden Gate Canyon State Park. Grouse to Mule Deer, to Frazier, to Bear Trail 7.7 miles
- Mitchel Creek Hike. Short but wonderful up by Franktown/Castlerock.
- Beer Brewer Dinner @ Rock Bottom Brewery, Colorado Springs
- COG Rail up to Pikes Peak. What a view.
- Glen Eirie, Palmers Castle he made for his wife Queen. Colorado Springs CO
- Templeton Trail, Palmer Colorado
- NASA Art Show, Colorado Spring Art Museum
- Steamboat Springs Colorado, outside of town is photog dream.
- Fishcreek Trail, Steamboat Springs Colorado. Great hike in the autumn and winter.
- Strawberry Hot Springs, Steamboat Colorado. Get the couple massage.
- Bingo Mountain, North Cheyene Canyon Area, Colorado Springs
- Ice Festival, Manitou Springs CO, Held every single year.
- Caprenters Peak, Roxoborough State Park CO. Awesome in the snow!!
- Mount Rosa. Best hike in Colorado Springs. Mind blowing beautiful.
- FB -Eldorado Canyon State Park. Eldorado Canyon Trail. Go to the end river and back. Great hike.
- FB - Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum - Cool place, not that well known full. Star Wars aircraft!!
- Cripple Creek Colorado, Ol Western gambling and mining town.
- FB - Lannies Clock Tower Burlesque Show - Right on 16th Street Denver, Every thursday night.
- Castlewood Canyon State Park - To many trails to mentioned. Go down Route 83.
- Downtown Aquarium - Denver 700 Water Street, Denver, CO. See the mermaids swim!!
- FB- Golden Gate SP, Coyote Trail, Nice challenging beginning, flat in the middle
- Rattlesnake Gulch Trail, El Dorado Canyon State Park CO
- FB - Chatsfield Park CO. Great walking and saily, rowing areas.
- FB -Colorado Springs Beerfest 2012. Held every year. Smaller and more intimate than Denvers
- FB - Denver's Zoo. Not as interactive as Cos Springs, but great, more open views.
- FB- Denver Botanical Garden, Denver (Great for lil kids and big kids alike.)
- FB -Hammond Candies Since 1920. Cany making tour is a lot of fun. About 1 hour of time.
- FB -Colorado Burlesque Festival. Happening again in July 2013. GO GO GO!
- FB - Peaks and Pasties of Colorado Springs. Great Burlesque Troupe. Look them up.
- FB - Prairie Dog hunting in Colorado. Otherwise, the holse kill the cattle. Great time.
- FB- Renfest, Larkspur Colorado. Go in costume, even more fun watching the joisting.
- Serenity Springs Wildlife Center, Calhan CO. Bring a zoom for the big cats!
- Denver Aquirium, my first trip to see the mermaids, tigers, and fishies
- Brown Palace, Historic hotel of Denver. STAY. Check out the Beatles room. Have the Sunday tea.
- Denver Memorial Day Parade. Go early and stake your spot.
- Naughty Pierre host Orchid Mae, Honey Toche, and Midnight Martini in Burleque Show
- Mills Lake and Alberta Falls, Rocky Mt National Park, Estes Park CO
- Trail Ridge Road, Rocky Mt National Park. Even if you do not hike, worth it!!
- Red Rocks. concerts, hiking, museum. Great tourist place to go.
- The Wild Animal Sanctuary; 1946 County Road 53 Keenesburg, Colorado 80643. Your above the animals. Sureal.
- Denver Zoo. Love the lions in the front. Open space photography is great.
- Mumbo Jumbo Gumbo Cookoff with Mardi Gras Parade. Manitou Springs CO every March
- Aves Hockey. Not that $$ and great family time.
- Bronco Football. If your not Broncos fan, fake it, they are mean to other fans. Good fun.
- Butterfly Pavilon Living Christmas Lights
- Mitchell Canyon Trail. Great hike in Castlerock past Franktown.
- TSO @ World Arena, Colorado Springs every November!
- Parker Dayz in Parker CO. Every July. Great party and carnival. Food, music and beer.
- Captain Jack Trail, Cheyenne Canyon Colorado Springs
- Parker Christmas Tree Lighting and Horse Carraige Rides 2011
- Coyote & Prairie Dog Hunting, Rush Colorado
- Butterfly Pavillon, Brighton Colorado. You think you to manly, forget it. GO!
- Beaver Trail, Golden Gate Canyon State Park Colorado
- Parker Octoberfest. Small but great. The dancing and pretzels, beer are top notch!
- Painted Mines, Calhan Colorado. Easy family trail and the coolest rocks ever. Great for photos.
- Keono Mountain and thru to Jones Park. Good hike, but do not do it in the heat.
- Mount Muscoco - The Easiest Hard Mountain. North Cheyenne Canyon area.
- Colorado Buffalo. Yeah, we got those too. Such strong handsome animals.
- CAKE Concert @ Ogden The
- Anj's first trip up Keono Mountain
- Molly Brown House, Denver
- Birghtons Butterfly Pavillion. Rosey the Taratula is there. Go, it is inspiring.
- Sky Sox Baseball for San Souci Dude Baby Shower
- Big Storm Hike of 2011 w/ David and Mike.
- Roller Derby Dames, Colorado Springs CO
- Electric Safari Christmas Light at Cheyenne Mt Zoo
- Festical Of Light Parade, Colorado Springs CO
- Emma Crawford Coffin Race! Manitou Springs, CO October yearly.
- Kitty Crimson is yummy Burlesque.
- St Mary's Fall & Stove Mt, N. Cheyenne, Colorado Springs
- Cork Screw Trail, up Mays Peak, High Drive, Colorado
- Mount Buckhorn, North Cheyenne, Colorado...now my favorite
- Captain Jack Loop, Trail 665, Colorado Springs, CO
- Mays Peak, Trail 665, Colorado Springs, CO
- Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park, Colorado
- Seven Bridge to Jones Park Trail, another Gem in Cheyenne Canon
- Castle Rock Open Area. Douglas county actual reserves land so no one builds on this beauty.
- Gold Camp Road, the connector to Cheyenne Canon Hikes. About 3 miles
- School of Mines. Josh was accepted early. He is going to be a math and engineering major.
- Cruefest 2008...saw Trapt, Papa Roach, Sixx AM, Buckcherry and the CRUE!!
- Clark is 18...gets first tatoo...with me @ R-U-Tattooed!!
- Route 170, Colorado had some of the most beautiful scenes
- Queen's Canyon, Glen Eyrie...rated a hard, you hike up the frozen brook.
- Lake Gulch Trails & Inner Canyon Trails...Castlewood Canyon is even better in the snow.
- Quarry Pass Trail, Red Rock Canyon...excellent trails. Bring the dog.
- Templeton Trail, Palmer Park...1 of many on the 700+ acres
- Sand Creek HS Mock Trial Team...first the finals, then STATE!!
- Colorado State Chior...Clark continues to excel with his music!
- Winter Hiking Page...photos, packing list, discussions. Come and see!!!
- Denver Capital Building...located 1 mile above sea level. Check out the ceilings!
- Snow Gear Check-out....Winter Hike! Spruce Mt was the perfect hike.
- Old Colorado City...the wonderful lil' town still in the 1950s.
- Palmer Park...the hiking trail hidden right in Colorado Springs, hundreds of acres.
- Bear Creek Trails Winter Hike....saw deer and fox. Looks small, but its not.
- North Cheyenne Road....feature Kempf's kinetic sculptures.
- Queen's Elizabeth....or Lizzie, Angela's purebred Maltese puppy.
- Spruce Mt Meadow Walk, Colorado....8.5 miles of open area in the valley below Spruce Mt.
- Cascade Falls Cheyenne Canon, Colorado....at the top of Helen Hunt Falls, about 1 mile round trip.
- Palmer Lake Reservoirs Trail, Colorado....Walk it or bike it. About 3 miles round trip.
- Scotsman & Buckskin Trail, Garden of the Gods, Colorado....great path. Killer view of Pikes Peak
- Rock Ledge Historic Site, Colorado....sit at the pond watching the blacksmith. Really relaxing.
- Zoot Loop & Medicine Wheel Trails, Cheyenne Mt. State Park....short trek with a beutiful view.
- Sundance Trail, Cheyenne Mt. State Park, Colorado....about a 4 mile trek. Nicest trail in the park so far
- Mueller State Park, Outlook Ridge Colorado....look at 4 of 36 paths in the park.
- Stanley Canyon Trail, USAFA, Colorado....located on the Air Force Academy.
- Geneva Basin, Guanella Pass, Colorado.....remake of the page for the forgotten ski resort.
- North Cheyenne Canon & Stratton Open Space...covered about 6 paths. Very nice shots.
- Mount Cutler...only a 2 mile hike but the views over Seven Falls blow you away.
- Helen Hunt Falls...40 ft waterfall inside Cheyenne Canyon. Check the flowers!
- Cheyenne Mt. State Park...16 trails, over 20 miles. Located on West side of Ft Carson.
- Palmer Lake Colorado...a great day hike, located in tri-lake area
- Spruce Mt, Colorado...stunning views out on Route 105/Route 53.
- Coors Fields, Denver Co...home of the Colorado Rockies MLB Team
- Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo...July 11-15, 2007, Bull, riding, bronc busting, and pretty cowgirls
- Colorado Springs Pioneer Museum... displays on Pikes Peak, Ute Indians, and Zeb Pike himself.
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo...largest domestic herd of giraffes in America..and new babies!
- IVES Christian Rock Band Concert...here in Colorado Springs CO. ROCK ON!
- Memorial Park, Colorado Springs...lake, picnics, and paddle boats, oh my!!
- Rocky Mt. Motorcycle Museum, Colorado Springs CO...showing the history of US Motorcycles
- 4th July BLOCK PARTY...our party with Raiches, family, and neighborhood
- Flying W Ranch, Colorado Springs..a working ranch with family values. Do it!
- Sky Sox MiLB, Colorado Springs..beating the Portland Beavers soundly!
- Elitch Village in Denver..with all the "honorary" Lamsons.
- Broadmoor Hotel with my folks..on their trip across country.
- Olympic Training Center..housing 120 athletes from around the USA.
- Royal Gorge Route Railway..on the classic Pullman Railcar.
- Colorado Springs Statue Tour..our favorites downtown.
- Cheyennne Mt Zoo w the kids..not all ours but we love them!
- Palmer Park, Colorado Springs..over 700 acres to hike and bike.
- General Aide job..serving dinner in Colorado Springs to powerfull people.
- Castlewood Canyon..short hike, long in scenary
- Colorado Springs Balloon Festival..every year in the park.
- The Broadmoor, Colorado..Colorado's most award winning resort.
- Garden of the Gods, Colorado..perfect day hike and views of Pikes Peak
- Cherry Creek State Park, Colorado.....In the middle of it all yet, it's not!
North America, Europe, Asia Adventures, Photos & Facts
Vermont, my home forever!
- St. Albans, Vermont, USA....it is where we came from.
- Vermont USA, a winter wonderland..come see the snow sports!
- Echo Lake, Vermont..my favorite vacation spot in the world!
- Burlington, Vermont..my stomping ground as a kid.
- Hoover Dam...making electricity for 5 states
- Grand Canyon...277 miles long and 18 miles wide.
California, the Golden State
- Knotts Berry Farm, California USA...better than Disneyland!!
- Disneyland, California USA...Goofy is my favorite character
- Solvang California..Try the Danish pastries, they rock!
New York City, New York BIG APPLE!
- New York City...the Big Apple, take a bite on Broadway.
- Ellis Island New York...portal to the land of milk and honey.
Las Vegas, Nevada
- Elton John Red Piano Concert..Ceasars was incredible.
- Worldmark Hotel is the Penthouse we rented in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas Nevada, the home of the neon light.
- Secret Garden, Las Vegas...Sig and Roy retire, the animals live in style.
- Rat Pack Tribute show rocked! Frank, Dean, Sammy & Joey Bishop in Vegas
- Freemont Street, Las Vegas...where the middle class go to party.
- Bobby Flay's MESA GRILL, Las Vegas...dining fit for a king at Ceasars.
New Mexico, Bright Reds and Browns
- Very Large Array Radar Field, New Mexico...anyone out there, we are listening.
- Roswell New Mexico...home of the Alien crash of 1947.
- White Sand Monument, New Mexico...check out the balloons taking off.
- Four Corners, USA..Vortex of New Mexico, Colorado, Airzona, and Utah.
St. Louis Missouri, Show me!
- Budwieser Company..the star of St. Louis MO
Memphis Tennesee, Resting place of Elvis
- Graceland, Memphis Tenn..Home of Elvis Presley, the King.
- Route 66 Museum..located in Elk City, Oklahoma.
- Utah turned out to be a great surprise. Little Grand Canyons all the way through.
Montreal Canada, Hockey, Hotties, and Heer...oops, Beer
- Montreal Canada...it has it all. Architecture, casinos, churches. The whole spectrum.
Paris France. Most romantic place around.
- Disneyland, Paris France...was so much better than California, but not Florida.
- Paris France ...there are two pages here, do not miss them. LOVE PARIS!!!
Germany. Beer, Brats, and Castles
- Wiesbaden Germany...capital of the state of Hessen and a great place to get a good beer.
Republic of Singapore
- Jurong Bird Park, Singapore...from Eagles to Penguins, this a bird lovers paradise.
- Little China, Singapore ...visit the Temples...eat the noodles...fantastic.
Greece, Playground of the Mediterranean Sea
- Iraklion Crete, Greece...lived on this small island for 5 years. Beautiful!
- President George Bush Senior...met him on Air Force One in Crete Greece.
- Santorini...the Greek island that is a volcano waiting to blow again.
- Spinalonga...do not worry, the Greeks do not use it for a leper colony anymore.
- Thule AB, Greenland...what a great three day visit. Wish it could have been longer.
Australia from Alice Springs Alice Springs Glider Club
- Glen Helen Gorge & Homestead Rest here when doing Mereenie Loop.
- Ormistan Gorge & Pond Trip Best swimming hole in West MacDonnells
- Standley Chasm, 80 Meters high...lovely colors. Pretty view coming in too.
- Rainbow Valley. Only 138km South West away from Alice. The colors change!
- Finke Gorge National Park. 4x4! The mountains were the prettiest yet.
- Palm Valley was something. I felt like I was in the tropics, not Australia.
Camping recipes that need no utensils!!! Some great ideas whether you are backpacking or out on a night bush walk. Check them out!!!!
As promised. We have a ton of Dutch oven recipes. Categories include Beef recipes, Chicken recipes, Breakfast Biscuits, Deserts, and Stews & Casserole.
Been lost before!!??. Here is how to tell your direction by using the SUN,STARS,and MOON Don't wait until you are lost, read the easy info right now.
everyone thinks that spiders
here are all deadly. Here is a short list
with descriptions, sizes, and comments on what sort of illness they cause. If
you get bitten and
are in doubt about what kind it is, get medical attention.
And now for the first time ever, I am going to put a link on my page. I know,
I never do this. But it is another personal, non-profit
site that is just better than mine for spider photos. Welcome Steve with his Spidey info.